Baby corn: 8 oz can
All purpose flour/Maida : 1.5 cup
Corn flour: 3/4 cup
2 Garlics chopped
6 Green Chillies chopped
Salt 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 3/4 tsp
1 Onion chopped
2 tbsps Ketchup
1. Add All purpose flour, corn flour, salt, ginger, garlic, few of the green chillies, and red chilli powder in one bowl. Make semi solid batter by adding water to the mixture.
2. The batter should not be too watery. The consistency should be thick enough to coat the baby corn and stick onto it.
3. Heat 2-3 tbsps oil in a deep vessel on medium hea
t. Wash and dip the baby corn in to the batter and deep fry in the oil.
4. Once you dip a few baby corn in the oil, simultaneously, they have a tendency to stick together. So, make sure to keep them separated while they are frying.
5. Fry them till they turn crispy and brown. Place them on a paper towel when you remove them from the oil.
6. After all the baby corn have been fried, heat 1/2 a tbsp of oil in a pan and add the rest of the green chillies. Also, add the chopped onions and saute them. The onions need not turn brown, just cook them till they turn translucent.
7. When the onions are cooked, add the ketchup along with some red chilli powder if you would like to make it more spicy.
8. Add the fried baby corn into this sauce and toss them till they are evenly covered with the sauce/ketchup.
9. The Baby corn Manchurian is now ready to eat as a starter or a snack.
Note: You may also add; green peppers or spring onions before you add the ketchup in step 7.
Also, the same recipe can be followed by using Cauliflower or Paneer (Cottage cheese) in place of the baby corn.