Tuesday, February 16, 2010
వంకాయ పెరుగు పచ్చడి: Vankaya perugu pachadi- Egg plant with yogurt
serves 2 people
2 cups yogurt/curd/perugu
1 big eggplant/pedda vankaaya
2 green chillys/pachimirapakayalu
1/2 inch ginger piece/allam mukka
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds/avalu
1/4tsp cumin seeds/jeelakarra
Salt to taste
1. Wash and peel the eggplant
2. Microwave for 5 to 8 mins till it is cooked
3. Grate the ginger,finely chop the green chillies or make paste of ginger chilly
4. Add chilly, ginger, salt to yogurt and mix well.
5. Add eggplant to yogurt mixture and stir well .
6. Heat oil and put all sesonings and add it to the yogurt mixture.
7. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro.
This goes with white rice, roti and parata.