Tuesday, September 28, 2010
వడియాలు/ Vadiyalu/ Sun dried Rice Flour Crispies
5 cups rice flour (rice cooker measure)
1 cup Tapioca/saboodana/saggu biyyam/sago
20 green chillies
2 big size lemons
Salt to taste
15 cups water
(For 1 cup of rice flour take 3 cups of water)
1. Soak saboodana overnight.
2. Next Morning grind saboodana into smooth paste.
3. Grind green chillies to make a smooth paste.
4. Boil 15 cups of water in a big vessel.
5. Add saboodhana and stir.
6. Add chilly paste (it must be very smooth).
7. Now add rice flour and stir continuously.
8. Add salt and stir well.
9. Make sure that there are no lumps in it.
10. When it becomes a smooth dough remove it from fire.
11. Squeeze lemon and filter the juice and add it to the dough and mix well.
12. Spread a plastic sheet in an open place under sun.
13. Take the mould (Muruku Maker), fill it with dough and press the dough on the plastic sheet and you will find the dough coming out shaped as per the attachment used. Slightly rotate the maker round and round until you make a circle.
14.Make one small circle with the dough and give space and make another as shown in picture.
15. Let them dry in sun untill they are crisp and dry.
By evening, the vadiyalu will be dried and will come out of the plastic sheet.
Dry under sun again the next day till crisp. Store the fully dried vadiyalu in an airtight container and fry them when required.
Heat oil for deep frying and drop vadiyalu and fry them.
Serve the vadiyalu with rice and sambar, pulusu etc