Wednesday, October 6, 2010
ఆవిరి కుడుము: Aaviri Kudumu- Steamed black gram pancake
Split black gram dal/minapappu-- 1 cup
Salt to taste
water to grind------1/2 cup
1.Soak dal for two hours.
2. Grind it in to smooth batter by adding water.
3. Take idly moulds grease it and pour batter and cook.
4. Steam them for 10 minutes.
5. Eat them hot with ghee.
Method : 2 (Traditional Procedure- Used in olden days)
1. Take 1 cup of water in a vessel.
2. Tie a clean cloth on the mouth of the vessel and close the mouth tightly.
(as shown in the picture)
3. Pour some batter in cloth.
4. Steam them for 10 minutes
5. When it is done eat with ghee.
You can make these Kudumulu immediately after grinding the blackgram dal. No need to ferment the batter.
Aaviri kudumu(steamed pancake) are easily digestible and also easy to prepare.This food is given to gain strength.