Wednesday, October 20, 2010
దిబ్బ రొట్టె: Dibba Rotte- Black gram pancake
Black gram/minapappu-----1 cup
Idly rava/cream of rice------2 cups(if grinded in mixer or in wet grinder add 3 cups)
Salt to taste
1. Soak dal in water for about 2 hours.
2. Grind dal by adding water to make smooth batter.(like idly batter)
3. Wash rava and squeeze and add it to the batter.
4. Add salt and mix well.
5. Take a deep pan add oil and heat it.
6. Pour batter of two to three big serving spoons in pan and cover with lid and cook on low flame.
7. Poke with fork and check if it is done
8. When it is done eat with any chutney.
9. On one side it will be brown and crispy and on another side it tastes like idly.
Note: No need to ferment and thickness of the roti is about 2".